2 Piece ‘S’ Shank – Same lower tyne section as chisel shank but mounted to leaf spring allowing overall spacing to be narrowed to 4 ½”. Extra row of shanks added and under beam clearance still 26” allowing excellent trash flow. Workhorse Ni-hard longlife points can be used. This shank introduced in the 2015 season has proved popular with approximately half of the field cultivators purchased during the last 2 years specified with this option.
Chisel Shanks – Used for many years now where progressive even depth increments are required on hard ground. Can be fitted with our Workhorse Ni-hard longlife points (7 inch spaced)
1. Single point depth control. Every complete turn of the adjuster alters the depth ¼” over the whole cultivator.
2. Self Levelling rams put cultivator in and lift it out of the ground evenly to help prevent soil heaps on headlands
3. Long wheel walker beams keep cultivator running along at even depths
4. 3 Row harrow rake adjustable. This harrow needs to flatten ground to enable good even clod crush by the spiral roller
5. Spiral roller down pressure is adjustable for required tilth
Salford 450 Field Cultivator
Demonstration of the new Salford 450×19′ 2 Piece ‘S’ tyne Field Cultivator. New Features include:
- 4 1/2″ Tyne spacing
- 26″ underframe clearance (same as ‘C’ Shank) Improves trash clearance
Model 700 50ft Field Cultivator
Another new 50ft 700 Series Field Cultivator delivered last month. Customer chose ‘C’ Shank option for this unit.